The graduate will be able to carry out a consultation with a patient.
The graduate will be able to:
- 1. Take and record a patient’s medical history, including family and social history, talking to relatives or other carers where appropriate.
- 2. Elicit patients’ questions, their understanding of their condition and treatment options, and their views, concerns, values and preferences.
- 3. Perform a full physical examination.
- 4. Perform a mental-state examination.
- 5. Assess a patient’s capacity to make a particular decision in accordance with legal requirements and the GMC’s guidance.
- 6. Determine the extent to which patients want to be involved in decision-making about their care and treatment.
- 7. Provide explanation, advice, reassurance and support.