The graduate will be able to use information effectively in a medical context.
The graduate will be able to:
- 1. Keep accurate, legible and complete clinical records.
- 2. Make effective use of computers and other information systems, including storing and retrieving information.
- 3. Keep to the requirements of confidentiality and data protection legislation and codes of practice in all dealings with information.
- 4. Access information sources and use the information in relation to patient care, health promotion, giving advice and information to patients, and research and education.
- 5. Apply the principles, method and knowledge of health informatics to medical practice.