The graduate will be able to prescribe drugs safely, effectively and economically.
The graduate will be able to:
- 1. Establish an accurate drug history, covering both prescribed and other medication.
- 2. Plan appropriate drug therapy for common indications, including pain and distress.
- 3. Provide a safe and legal prescription.
- 4. Calculate appropriate drug doses and record the outcome accurately.
- 5. Provide patients with appropriate information about their medicines.
- 6. Access reliable information about medicines.
- 7. Detect and report adverse drug reactions.
- 8. Demonstrate awareness that many patients use complementary and alternative therapies, and awareness of the existence and range of these therapies, why patients use them, and how this might affect other types of treatment that patients are receiving.