The graduate will be able to apply social science principles, method and knowledge to medical practice.
The graduate will be able to:
- 1. Explain normal human behaviour at a societal level
- 2. Discuss sociological concepts of heath, illness and disease
- 3. Apply theoretical frameworks of sociology to explain the varied responses of individuals, groups and societies to disease
- 4. Explain the sociological factors that contribute to illness, the course of the disease and the success if treatment-including issues relating to health inequalities, the links between occupation and health and the effects of poverty and affluence
- 5. Discuss sociological aspects of behavioural change and treatment compliance